TBR Tuesday - Time Travel, Mythology, and Shakespeare!

I actually love Tuesdays because of this post. This post makes me excited for the future books I plan to read and I discover new books that I want to read.


My last post discussed about the book that I will be reading this week. I highly recommend checking it out and read the books along with me! 

The book that I am reading this week is The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.


This past week I have added several books to my to be read pile on goodreads. To check out my full goodreads list, follow this link here



 

1.Where Futures End - Parker Peevyhouse

Summary:

Five teens.
Five futures.
Two worlds.
One ending.

One year from now, Dylan develops a sixth sense that allows him to glimpse another world.

Ten years from now, Brixney must get more hits on her social media feed or risk being stuck in a debtors' colony.

Thirty years from now, Epony scrubs her entire online profile from the web and goes “High Concept.”

Sixty years from now, Reef struggles to survive in a city turned virtual gameboard.

And more than a hundred years from now, Quinn uncovers the alarming secret that links them all. 

Five people, divided by time, will determine the fate of us all. These are stories of a world bent on destroying itself, and of the alternate world that might be its savior--unless it's too late.

Why I'm excited for this book:

The concept is complex and I really want to see how it is written. I've always wanted to read a complex time travel but I was always intimidated by the complexity of the characters and plotting. But looking at the fantastic reviews this book has, I'm willing to read Where Future Ends. This type of book is outside from what I normally read so I look forward to this book. I am actually quite excited.

2. November Rain - Shannon A. Thompson

Summary: 

Seventeen-year-old Serena isn’t human. She is a bad blood, and in the city of Vendona, bad bloods are executed. In the last moments before she faces imminent death, a prison guard aids her escape and sparks a revolt. Back on the streets determined to destroy her kind, Serena is spared by a fellow bad blood named Daniel. His past tragedies are as equally mysterious as her connection to them.

Unbeknownst to the two, this connection is the key to winning the election for bad bloods’ rights to be seen as human again. But Serena is the only one who can secure Vendona’s vote. Now, Daniel must unite with her before all hope is lost and bad bloods are eradicated, even if it means exposing secrets worse than death itself. United or not, a city will fight, rain will fall, and all will be threatened by star-crossed love and political corruption.

Why I'm excited for this book:

I have loved Shannon A Thompson's writing ever since I read The Timely Death Trilogy. The concepts of her writing are so unique that I want to read everything she writes. And look at the cover, its beautiful. And the summary is captivating just within those two paragraphs. I look forward to reading November Rain but it is so far away. But I know the wait will be worth it.


 


3. Tell the Wind and Fire - Sarah Rees Brennan

Summary:

Tell the Wind & Fire is about a young girl called Lucie who lives in a New York very different from the New York we know: the city is torn between two very different kinds of magic, and Lucie’s own family was torn apart years ago by that conflict. Lucie wears magic rings and carries a burden of guilt she can’t share with anyone.

The light in her life is her sweetheart boyfriend Ethan, but it turns out Ethan has a secret too: a soulless doppelganger created by dark magic, who has to conceal the face identical to Ethan’s with a hood fastened by a collar nobody but a Light magician with magical rings can take off… and who introduces himself to both of them by, for reasons nobody can understand, saving Ethan’s life…


Why I'm excited for this book:

I got a Mortal Instruments vibe from reading the summary of Tell the Wind & Fire. The title is interesting and I am intrigued to know what is the meaning behind the title. Apparently this book is based on A Tale of Two Cities? I am really excited on how the author will incorporate this idea to her novel. 

4. Dreamers Often Lie - Jaqueline West

Summary:
Jaye wakes up from a skiing accident with a fractured skull, a blinding headache, and her grip on reality sliding into delusion. Determined to get back to her starring role in the school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Jaye lies to her sister, her mom, her doctors. She's fine, she says. She's fine. If anyone knew the truth - that hallucinations of Shakespeare and his characters have followed her from her hospital bed to the high school halls - it would all be over. She’s almost managing to pull off the act when Romeo shows up in her anatomy class. And it turns out that he's 100% real. Suddenly Jaye has to choose between lying to everyone else and lying to herself.
Troubled by the magnetic new kid, a long-lost friend turned recent love interest, and the darkest parts of her family's past, Jaye’s life tangles with Shakespeare's most famous plays until she can't tell where truth ends and pretending begins. Soon, secret meetings and dizzying first kisses give way to more dangerous things. How much is real, how much is in Jaye's head, and how much does it matter as she flies toward a fate over which she seems to have no control?

Why I'm excited for this book:

I am drawn to this book because of the Shakespearean incorporations to this novel. Shakespearian characters alive and haunting someone?? It does sound awful but I find it also fascinating. I want this book. I repeat. I want this book. I really look forward on how the author will incorporate Shakespeare in modern day life. 



5. Recreated by Colleen Houk

Summary:
From Colleen Houck, New York Times bestselling author of The Tiger’s Curse, comes Recreated, the second book in the epic Egyptian-inspired Reawakened series, in which a seventeen-year-old must literally go to hell to save the love of her life.

Lily Young thought traveling across the globe with a reawakened sun prince was a grand adventure. Now she’s about to embark on the journey of a lifetime.

When Amon and Lily part tragically, he transports himself to the Netherworld—what mortals call hell. Tormented by the loss of his one true love, he’d rather suffer in agony during Lily’s mortal years than fulfill his duty to protect humanity.

Heartbroken, Lily seeks refuge on her grandmother’s farm. Yet she can feel Amon’s pain, and she has been having dreams—dreams of Amon continually suffering.

For before he departed, Amon gave Lily something very special, an item that connects them even though they are worlds apart. Now Lily must use this object to free him, and to free their realms from darkness and utter chaos. She will do whatever it takes.

Why I'm excited for this book:

I have loved Colleen Houk's writing ever since The Tiger Saga series. I love how she incorporates mythology to her writings. And it's different mythology too. I'm so happy to see books about Mythology other than Greek or Roman Mythology. I actually learned a lot from her books. I haven't read any Egyptian Mythology and I'm excited to finish this series. The first book blew me away. 


Tell me what is in your TBR pile!


Be sure to follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, or goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment