[Review] The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love"

The Raven Boys is very unique. A beautiful mythological tale involving a psychic girl and 4 raven boys on a quest to find the Welsh King and the mysterious ley lines. The writing is in third person but it encompasses everyone so eloquently that it was easy to tell who was thinking what. Each character was so real and genuine. They accepted their flaws and wanted to improve who they were. I love each character.

Blue Sargent is a psychic'
s daughter. She grew up in a home full of psychics who believe in powers beyond human comprehension. She has been told a curse that she will kill her first love. She has a rule, stay away from boys, especially raven boys. However, their paths cross and Blue is taken on a mysterious and haunting journey on the quest to find the Welsh King. The lives of Blue, Gansey, Ronan, Adam and Noah become woven together as they discover the origins of the paranormal. 


Each character had their own story which was intriguingly woven together by the magic of Maggie Stiefvater. I say magic because I have read the Shiver Trilogy and I absolutely loved it. 
I still don't understand why I took this long to read The Raven Cycle. It was staring at me every time I walked into my room but now, I am glad I did. 

I love how this book is set in real times. It makes it more relatable because these events could actually happen. There could be a group of teens looking for a Welsh King or the origins of the super natural or paranormal. Anything is possible.


It is actually quite haunting at times which I throughly enjoyed because I am not usually at the edge of my seat when I read but with The Raven Boys, I was. It had a ghostly aspect to it.

I found it unique that this book is about the origins of the paranormal but did not mention what was assumed to be paranormal. I have yet to read a book that is about the origins of a phenomenon that is so widely held in literature, movies, etc. 


This book is strange and magical. I love it. 


My favorite quote would be 
“She recognized the strange happiness that came from loving something without knowing why you did, that strange happiness that was sometimes so big that it felt like sadness. It was the way she felt when she looked at the stars.”

I felt a very deep connection with this quote. I do have the same feelings when I look at the stars. I tend to stare at them for long periods of time and just wonder, what else could be there in this world?

Also, Adam is my smol cinnamon roll who must be protected at all costs.



For more information about the book please visit goodreads.


Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment