Waiting on Wednesdays - A Court of Mist and Fury

Each Wednesday, I will reflect on a book that I absolutely need to read. This week it is A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas, releasing May 3 (which is too far away honestly). I love all of Sarah J Maas' books. I love each and every single one of them and I know I will love all the future books as well. Her writing is magnificent and pure, not in the innocent way, but it's so through and captivating. Each detail has its own and unique meaning. It is rare to find this kind of writing. Honestly, Sarah J Maas' writing and books are goals. GOALS. For me, it would be a dream to even come close to the level complexity and detail of her writing. But for now, I will fangirl from afar with each book she writes.


Here is a summary of A Court of Mist and Fury by goodreads:


Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.
With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.




The first book, A Court of Thorns and Roses became my favorite fairy tell retelling. It wasn't just a retelling, A Court of Thorns and Roses branched out to be its own story. There are Beauty and the Beast elements but there are some folklore involved and a mythology, the Hades and Persephone agreement. I loved each and every detail of that book. I also loved how Feyre was so different from other leading YA female heroines. First, she couldn't read, Feyre openly admitted to her faults and would not let that hinder her. Also, Feyre lacks critical thinking under dire circumstances, WHICH IS OKAY! Honestly, I am amazed to see heroines make the right choices all the time under dire circumstances, it seemed too unrealistic. It would be highly improbable for almost every heroine to make the right choice the first time. So discovering and learning about Feyre, I loved the fact that she messed up the first time; she didn't make the right choice. It made Feyre seem more real because of her imperfections. I like imperfections. I like it when a character is wrong and admits it. That is real life, we all make mistakes and we all admit it. 

From a recent instagram post, Sarah J Maas posted that A Court of Mist and Fury is 624 pages long. That is a very big book. I know that each and every detail will be well thought out and unique. And it comes out right after the semester finishes so that will be the first book I will read.

For every book I must mention OTP's (One True Pairing). For almost every book I read I have an OTP. From A Court of Thorns and Roses it is Feyre and Rhysand.  I know he was evil for making Feyre agree to an unfavorable compromise but something about Rhysand makes me want to know more about him. I'm hoping towards the end that Feyre chooses Rhysand. I also believe that if this series does follow the Beauty and Beast story line, I feel like Rhysand is the beast and Tamlin is not. BUT that is my opinion. I have no way of knowing because I have only read A Court of Thorns and Roses, it is just a fan theory. You know how those work right? :)


I highly recommend adding this book (and any other Sarah J Maas' book) to your tbr list. 


For more information about the book, please visit goodreads.



Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment