Waiting on Wednesdays - The Mirror King

So what is the book that I direly need this Wednesday? It is the Mirror King by Jodi Meadows, releasing April 5. Why do I want this book? THE ENDING OF THE ORPHAN QUEEN I TELL YOU. That ending. If you know what I am talking about then you understand my pain. PAIN. I got chest pains from that ending and that is rare.

Here is a summary of The Mirror King by goodreads:


HER FRIENDS HAVE TURNED. After her identity is revealed during the Inundation, Princess Wilhelmina is kept prisoner by the Indigo Kingdom, with the Ospreys lost somewhere in the devastated city. When the Ospreys’ leader emerges at the worst possible moment, leaving Wil’s biggest ally on his deathbed, she must become Black Knife to set things right. 


HER MAGIC IS UNCONTROLLABLE. Wil’s power is to animate, not to give true life, but in the wraithland she commanded a cloud of wraith mist to save herself, and later ordered it solid. Now there is a living boy made of wraith—destructive and deadly, and willing to do anything for her.


HER HEART IS TORN. Though she’s ready for her crown, declaring herself queen means war. Caught between what she wants and what is right, Wilhelmina realizes the throne might not even matter. Everyone thought the wraith was years off, but already it’s destroying Indigo Kingdom villages. If she can’t protect both kingdoms, soon there won’t be a land to rule. Wilhelmina has a hundred enemies.

First I would like to mention that I am sad that The Orphan Queen is a duology (which includes five novellas).  But I understand given the plot pacing and context. The Orphan Queen was so nicely written. I want to read more of Wilhelmina's journey but I guess she will live on in my head, with my other fictional characters. This is a sign of a well developed and beautifully done book, which Jodi Meadows has accomplished.

I loved that this was high fantasy. The world building was well done and I am thankful for that because I tend to stop reading books because of the lack of focus on world building. The concept of the Wraith was interesting. It was an interesting twist to what magic could really entail if misused.

Because of the ending, I would recommend on waiting till both books are published to read the series but if you can handle the heart breaking ending in The Orphan Queen then I highly recommend reading The Orphan Queen now. I must say, is it legal to end a book that way? But nevertheless I really enjoyed The Orphan Queen.

But can we take a moment to praise the cover of The Mirror King? LOOK AT THAT COVER. I'm speechless. There are not enough words to describe how much I love this cover. I would get a poster of that cover.

I look forward to reading Wilhelmina's concluding adventure in her quest to reclaim her throne and I do hope that the ending of The Mirror King does not mirror The Orphan Queen's ending. 


For more information about the book please visit goodreads.


Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment