Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday Update #4

It is has been one month since I have had this blog :') This is absolutely exciting. This month may be a slow month because in the third week of February I have FOUR exams. Honestly,  I have no idea how that happened but I must get through it.
This week I finished The Raven Boys. I want to bang my head against the wall because I got this book last summer and now I just finished. Maggie Stiefvater is a master at story telling. I read her Shiver Trilogy a long time ago and I couldn't put the books down. The Raven Boys is told in third person, you can get a perspective of what everyone is thinking. Everyone's story and thoughts were intricately woven together. I also loved how this book is about the origins of the paranormal but not about it. It has some mythological aspects. I can't wait to read The Dream Thieves.


I am currently reading Untamed by A.G. Howard. Honestly, I am struggling through this book because of how beautifully this book and this series has become. This is my favorite series ever. Any mentions of this series, I get emotional. I am so overly attached with each character that its hard to let go. I got to the part of Alyssa’s six favorite memories and after the first 2 pages I was in tears. I don’t know, there is something special about this series and A.G. Howard’s writing. Hopefully I can get through this book. I know I will but it will involve a lot of tears. If I had the resources I would avidly promote this series but alas I will fangirl/promote from this blog.


The next book I will read is The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. This book is intriguing because it is considered adult fiction but also is considered young adult. Also it has seven books in this series. When was the last time you have heard of a seven book series in YA. I thought five books was a lot, six was rare, but seven?!?! Also it is science fiction and fantasy, a perfect combo. And I am very intrigued by this cover. What do the numbers mean?  I am very excited for this book and this series. 




Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment