Monday Update #7

This past weekend I finally got one of the books in my favorite childhood series, City of Masks by Mary Hoffman. It's about a boy who can travel between space and time. He can travel to any time or any setting where his talisman can lead him to. It's mainly set in Venice. I'm absolutely in love with this city. This book really opened my eyes to what is really possible. Also, the book that I want to write, is somewhat inspired by this series. The ability to travel to any time or setting is what fascinates me and I hope I can portray this fascination in my writings. The cover is not my favorite but what's inside, the magic, the setting, the characters, is what I love most about this book and the Stravaganza series.


This past week I finished Darkness Before Dawn by JA London. Overall, I have mixed feelings about this book. I know I will continue reading because of Victor *swoons*. But what I want in a book is more than a swoon worthy character. It is very difficult to describe how much I liked and did not like about this book. I almost didn't finish it at some point. But this book does have some good elements. The villain is not necessarily the villain. Victor does not want to harm any human but to bring humans and vampires together. But I would still recommend this book. Read my full review here.


This week I will read Blood Omen Book 1: The Vampire Wars by Katie Ruth Davies. This will be a special read because I am reading this book at the request of the author herself!! This is soooo exciting but I am also nervous. I have read books at the authors request only a few times and it is a wonderful feeling but then again I must be careful of what I say. I know authors spend countless hours perfecting their work and I want to do my best in writing a review that reflects it. Hopefully I can write a worthy review, it will be a goal of mine to do so successfully this week. So far I have read 15% of the book and I'm loving it. There has already been a high speed chase, haunting dreams, and a mysterious figure that will play an important role later on.


On a side note, one exciting thing this week is that I'm going to get Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab and The Siren by Kiera Cass from the library. I'm sooo excited to read these books!



Next week I plan on reading Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. She is honestly goals. Her first and second book are currently number one and number two on The New York Times Bestseller. She must have worked so hard to get there and I'm so inspired. Red Queen was actually the first book I read after my years long reading hiatus and I'm so glad it was. Red Queen reminded me what fantasy and young adult fiction is really about and how much I have missed it. The concept of a girl controlling lighting is honestly really cool, for a lack of a better word. And the betrayal at the end *spoilerly* was absolutely shocking. I'm excited to see what else is in store.

Tell me what you're reading this week or what I should read next!






Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment