Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Flamecaster

Before I mention what book I am waiting this Wednesday, I want to mention I did this, hopefully, good thing on Twitter where I asked book bloggers to retweet a particular tweet and gain followers. I wanted to do this because I want book bloggers that there are more of us out there. I hoped that this allowed many to add new opinions and ideas to their timeline and maybe found someone who share similar interests.

This Wednesday I am waiting for Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima.

Here is a summary by goodreads:


Adrian sul’Han, known as Ash, is a trained healer with a powerful gift of magic—and a thirst for revenge. Ash is forced into hiding after a series of murders throws the queendom into chaos. Now Ash is closer than he’s ever been to killing the man responsible, the cruel king of Arden. As a healer, can Ash use his powers not to save a life but to take it?

Abandoned at birth, Jenna Bandelow was told that the mysterious magemark on the back of her neck would make her a target. But when the King’s Guard launches a relentless search for a girl with a mark like hers, Jenna assumes that it has more to do with her role as a saboteur than any birth-based curse. Though Jenna doesn’t know why she’s being hunted, she knows that she can’t get caught.

Eventually, Ash’s and Jenna’s paths will collide in Arden. Thrown together by chance and joined by their hatred of the king, they will come to rescue each other in ways they cannot yet imagine.

Set in the world of the acclaimed Seven Realms series a generation later, this is a thrilling story of dark magic, chilling threats, and two unforgettable characters walking a knife-sharp line between life and death.



In short, 544 pages of amazingness.

I have read all her books, The Heir Chronicles and The Seven Realms. I still remember that her books were the books to read in middle school. If you read her books, you basically the cool kid. And you know who was the cool kid, hint me. Actually no not really but the point is, everyone read her books. It was so magical and full of life. Each character was so relatable that I wanted each one to be my best friend. When I heard that the author was making a spin off of the Seven Realms series I almost dropped my laptop, I remember because it left a scratch.

I still remember that one battle in the Heir Chronicles where my favorite character got bruttly killed and I was so emotional about it. I call this A+ writing right here. I am sooooo excited for this series. Maybe I'll be a cool kid for reading this series in college? ;)


Anyways, Cinda Williams Chima is a wonderful and masterful story teller. Her words will bring you into a world you haven't thought possible and you will learn to love each character as your own. I can't recommend this book enough.

Flame caster is a spinoff of The Seven Realms so maybe you can get by without reading The Seven Realms but I highly recommend reading the Seven Realms first. There will be spoilerly elements in Flamecaster that involves the world The Seven Realms series.

For more information about the book please visit goodreads.



Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment