Waiting on Wednesday - Soldier

It's already Wednesday?? Wow time is flying by or I am too busy with exam preparations. Well it is Wednesday and I must highlight a book that I am really looking forward to.

This week it is Solider by Julie Kagawa from The Talon Saga, releasing April 26.


Here is a full summary by goodreads:

A fighter dedicated to saving humankind from dragons in strictest secrecy.

That was what Garret Xavier Sebastian thought he was part of as a soldier of the Order of St. George. What he learned from a fiery dragon hatchling twisted all he believed in and set him on a collision course with certain death-but not without a chance to put things right.

Betrayed and on the run again, Ember and rogue dragon Riley discover an unthinkable truth about Talon and St. George. They'll need Garret's skills and insider knowledge of the Order to negotiate an impossible deal-and if they fail, there will be no way to stop all-out war.

I seriously love Julie Kagawa's books. I read the Blood of Eden Series and it is one of my favorite series ever. I can go on a never ending rant/discussion about how much I love this series. (One day when I plan to do series reflection posts; this will be the first one) I still think about this series even though it has been a year since I have completed it.

The Blood of Eden is about a post apocalyptic world where Vampires have taken over and the humans are hunted. Allie is on the run till one day she is turned and must decide which side she will fight for. This series is dark and twisted and has all the elements I love in a series. Here is more information about the series.

Honestly, I cried while reading each book in the series and I was muttering no no no so many times in this series that I lost count. 

Julie Kagawa's books tend to be action packed from start to finish, almost like a rollercoaster, that is her signature author style. (From what I have observed from reading her books.) I find this amazing because authors should have a signature style and Julie Kagawa's is very evident. 

The Talon Saga is about DRAAAGGOONNSSSSS. I guess I have developed a passion for dragons because of Game of Thrones but still, dragons are really cool.

This series is about a group of humans who are part dragon, living among others in secret, but there is an organization that wants to kill every dragon left. There has been secret war between dragons and the Order of the St. George for generations but everything changed when Ember refuses to accept her fate in Talon. 

This series is sooo action packed. I can't emphasize this enough. I am really excited to read Soldier because it will be through the eyes of Garret. Each book in the Talon Saga has been focused on each main character, Talon for Ember, Rouge for Cobalt, and Solider for Garret. And maybe the next book is for Dante?? Again, me and my fan theories. 

One thing I must mention again is Julie Kagawa's signature writing. This is something important. As a writer it is important to have a signature, something you are known for, and I believe Julie Kagawa's had crafted hers' quite eloquently.

Tell me what book you are waiting for this Wednesday! 


Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment