Monday Update #9

It's amazing how books work. I intended on reading one book last week but I actually finished three!!
Interesting on how books work, I was only suppose to read A Gathering of Shadows but I actually finished that book last this past week.

This past week I finished three wonderful books.

The first book I read was The Story of Lucius Cane by Vanya Ferreira. This book is the first of a short story series about a curious vampire named Lucius and his adventures through out London in the 18th Century. The short story is actually quite short, 25 pages but it each word is detailed and engaging. However there is someone or rather something that challenges Lucius' position. There is a cliff hanger but it's a cliff hanger you can handle, I think. It all depends on the reader.


Read my full review here.




The next book I read was Emerge by Tobie Easton. I absolutely adored this book. It is a retelling of The Little Mermaid and I loved every second of it. Lia and her family is cast out from the ocean and must find a home on land. Lia does the unthinkable and falls in love with a human. When she believed that he was in danger, Lia becomes a *thing* which has been banned for thousands of years. Lia's action does cause major problems, but she is willing to risk everything to save Clay.

Read my full review here.

And finally I read A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab. All I have to say is that ENDING. But a book is more than it's ending. A Gathering of Shadows continues Kell's, Rhy's and Lila's journey throughout the world of magic. Evil forces are brewing and but many believe they are gone as a result of defeating the twins in White London. Lila is slowly finding her way as a pirate, Kell is trying to find his way around the kings unreasonable demands, and Rhy is trying to know what it means to be alive. Their paths eventually cross and an unforgivable decision was made and my heart is full of pain and agony.

Read my full review here.







This week I am finally reading Glass Sword. I was actually supposed to read this book two weeks ago but I got distracted with other books.

Next week is Spring Break and I'm soooo thrilled so finally catch up on author requests and sleep!
I have decided that next week, spring break, I will take a break from blogging. I want to take this time and reflect on how I can better improve my blog and my writing!



Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 


Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment