Monday, March 28, 2016

[ARC Review] Vampire Girl by Karpov Kinrade ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I finished this book in one day. This book was too good. There was never a dull moment. There was life and action with every page I read.


Summary:
You think it's safe to walk alone at night. It's not. You think the only threat is other humans. It's not. Monsters are real. Demons are real. Vampires are real.  And I'm about to become one of them. My name is Arianna Spero. I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until my mother lapsed into a coma. Now, I am her only hope. She made a deal with the devil, and on my 18th birthday he came to collect. But there's a way to save her. There's something the princes of hell want more than my mother. Me.
So I signed my soul away and promised to pick a prince to marry. I would take the blood oath, become one of them, and give them an heir. I would become a princess of hell, and my mother would live. I expected fire and brimstone. I expected pain and misery. I didn't expect beauty. I didn't expect magic. I didn't expect love. But the princes are keeping secrets from me.

Review:
The concept of the seven princes of hell, all ruling with the influence of each seven deadly sins, is very unique. I've always wanted a book written with this concept but with added personification of each sin. And this book is exactly that. Each prince represents a deadly sin and Arianna must choose one and become the princess of hell.

But the perception and setting of hell is widely different from normal perception, a burning inferno. It's a setting where the citizens are vampires, fae, shades and more. It's almost like a medieval setting with each sin apparent in each setting.

Arianna is so head strong and stands up for herself. She doesn't take shit from anyone, honestly. She is determined and wants her mother back. But as she lives with Fen, the prince of war, she realizes that there is more to what life is really about.

I'm so glad the author brought modern day issues (ex transgender and treatment of women) and showed how they should be accepted and followed. I love the diversity. It made the story more real because these are real things in our setting.

I really do look forward to the next book.  I devoured this book in a day. The writing is phenomenal and lively. I need more of this in books.

Like I said before, I really do look forward to the next book. I must know what happens next after that ending. 😭


For more information about the book please visit goodreads.




Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

9 comments:

  1. This book sounds AMAZING! I've always been fascinated with stories that have to do with hell, and I love that this story has vampires and other paranormal aspects too! And the book tackles current issues too??? Sign me up - I'm definitely adding this to my TBR!

    Thanks for the review, Sabrina! :)

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap I hope you enjoy! Let me know when you have read it :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm, this does look interesting. I like the concept of Hell. Found you on #bhpchat - Lilyn G @ Scifi and Scary Book Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really interesting concept. I hope you get the chance to read it :)

      Delete
  3. Honestly I don't think I would have picked this up because of the blurb and the cover but your review is making me think differently. I never would have expected there to be diversity here! Thanks for reviewing this--I think I'll give it a try. Is it released yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading Vampire Girl and your review has made me want to read it even moreso! Great review! :)

    Miranda @ Miranda's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I love your blog page! I started a blog page myself but I don't like how plain it is. Could you give me some pointers on how to make it better and tell me how you did yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, the book is about demon not (exactly) vampires as stated on its title?? :)

    Thanks for the review anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there are vampires and demons :)

      Delete