[Review] A Demon's Promise by Kristie Cook ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


Summary:
Alexis Ames has a life full of promise...but not all promises can be kept.

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can't be real, she decides it's time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family's secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy...until she discovers he's not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family's secret society, the Angels' army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy - Satan's minions and Tristan's creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.


Review:

I don't normally read New Adult. I may have read 4 New Adult books total but this book has been the best one yet. I tend to avoid reading New Adult for their explicit content but what draws me is the maturity of the characters. I wish YA books had more mature characters. 

I really enjoyed this book.  The beginning was a bit slow for me but it significantly picked up after Alexis and Tristan discovered who they were to each other. Let me just state that the ending made me cry and feel a lot of emotions. And it's just the first book! I usually cry toward the end of a series (yes I'm a cry baby I know).

Alexis is strong headed and determined to live a normal life even though her life is anything but normal. She has these quirks, like healing quickly or punching guys 10 feet away. Her life changes and she embraces her uniqueness when she meets Tristan. I liked watching their relationship grow. They are soul mates and it really shows through out the writing. They took time to get to know each other and I really appreciate this because I've seen it too often where it's love at first sight. Tristan has his own demons to deal with, literally. He was originally a Daemoni, killing anyone he chooses, but his love for Alexis is what motivates him to stay with the Admis side.
.
Alexis is very important to the future of humanity, but after that ending, it's hard to say what she believes in after *spoiler event that broke my heart*

I stayed up till 2am finishing 75% of this book in the one day of reading it. It was that good. I must mention that ending is unforgivable and I want to cry and curse and I have to read the second book now.

I read the most recent edition of this book. I know there is an older copy but my review reflects the newest edition of this book.

Side Note: So, while writing this review I was trying to search where I can read the second book, An Angel's Purpose, and I can't find it anywhere. I'm in a state of pain, in terms of book pain, because I can't read the next series for a while. I do recommend this book, highly, but be sure to get the second book along with the first so you are not in pain like me.


For more information about the book please visit goodreads.

Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. I'm baffled on why you can't find Book 2, An Angel's Purpose, anywhere, though. The link is at the back of the book, but it's everywhere books are sold, except Google Play. Please let me know if you still can't find it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my review! :D I have found it. I just had trouble finding the most recent edition. :)

    ReplyDelete