Monday Update #15

NTTBF WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND FUN AND I WISH THERE WERE MORE BOOK FESTIVALS WHERE I LIVE. (I had to put it in caps to show my enthusiasm)

I have been looking forward to NTTBF since last year. I actually request off from work so I can go all day. I meet so many amazing authors. Their enthusiasm and love for their books has inspired me greatly. They are all role models in my eyes. I'm going to create a full post about my NTTBF experience. It will be quite lengthy but I can't leave out any details.

I got these books at the festival and I'm still fangirling internally. I didn't get them all signed because of the lines were soooo long. (It wrapped around the room, wrapped around inside of the building, and wrapped around outside the building!!) But that's okay!! The fact that I got to see these authors with my own eyes and hear their advise and stories was more than enough for me. I will go into greater lengths about these books I got and my experience.

One quote that is still stuck with me was "Your day dream can be someone's life." I forgot who mentioned this quote but I full heartedly agree with this quote. I want my day dream/ story to be someone's life. I want them to know what goes on my head, how I feel, what I experience. And I believe this is what exactly authors want. This just motivates me more to get my act together to finally write. (I have been writing a little but not to what I want it to be.)


I also reviewed an amazing, wonderful, thought provoking book called Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan. This is my second 6 star review. My first 6 star review was Untamed by AG Howard by clicking on the title. This book is about redemption and believing in something that no one else believes. Seeing the light in someone when everyone else sees darkness. You can read my full review of Tell the Wind and Fire by clicking the title. I hate how there are so many negative reviews about the book. I've read that many gave up half way because it's boring. I didn't find it boring. I found it magical and thrilling. I didn't find a single dull/boring moment. I was drawn to Lucie's, Ethan's and Carwyn's story from the start. I really loved this book. I do hope you guys read this book and give it a chance. Just read the author's note before hand to really understand the meaning behind Tell the Wind and Fire. 


"Tell the wind and fire where to stop. But do not tell me."


Tell me what books you guys are reading this week!


Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

2 comments:

  1. Glad you loved Tell The Wind and Fire; I really want to read it sometime soon! Yay for having fun at the event. Where I live, we have one big book festival where authors come and do panels and you can buy and get books signed. It's always in October though, so I'm curious to see who all will be there!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope a lot of your favorite authors will be there! :)

    ReplyDelete