Sunday, April 3, 2016

[Review] Remember by Shannon Dermott ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:
When sixteen year old Charlize finds herself unmistakably lost in the forest with no memory how she got there, it was easy for her to assume the angel face boy who saves her was there to. But little did she know that couldn’t be further from the truth.

With a brush of death, she finds new reasons to live after the unexplained death of her father. Her only regret in last three years was letting the one boy she could have loved get away.

Plunged into a world not of her making, there are those that will hunt her, a foe that calls her Little Queen, and her torn heart. Most of all, she will have to remember and face her memories if she is to survive.
 






Review:
This book is quite different from what I had normal expected. I expected some love triangle and a weak girl unable to understand what is around her. But this book is the opposite. The female protagonist is quite head strong. She will literally hit someone when they have wronged her. This, in my opinion, is fantastic. I would have wanted her to also curse people out but actions speak louder than words. 


The history and mythology behind skin walkers/ shape shifters is really interesting. I really enjoyed reading about the history behind these mythological beings. There are fallen angels but the angels are cursed with vampire blood; I have never read anything like it. I wish there was more about these beings in the first book because the concept is really interesting. I would say that this is probably the most interesting paranormal/mythological book I've read so far.

This book was short, under 300 pages, but it was good short. It did not dwell on pointless scenes and descriptions. I personally liked the writing. The summary doesn't do justice of what this book is about. I would suggest reading this book without reading the summary or don't read into much about the summary because this book is quite imaginative compared to what the summary suggests.

The cover says that this book will be a trilogy but I haven't read anything that says that it is?? I hope it's a triology. I really want to see what's next for Charlie (Charlize).


For more information about the book please visit goodreads.



Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment