[Review] Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Tell the wind and fire where to stop. But do not tell me."

Summary:
In a city divided between opulent luxury in the Light and fierce privations in the Dark, a determined young woman survives by guarding her secrets. 

Lucie Manette was born in the Dark half of the city, but careful manipulations won her a home in the Light, celebrity status, and a rich, loving boyfriend. Now she just wants to keep her head down, but her boyfriend has a dark secret of his own—one involving an apparent stranger who is destitute and despised.

Lucie alone knows of the deadly connection the young men share, and even as the knowledge leads her to make a grave mistake, she can trust no one with the truth.

Blood and secrets alike spill out when revolution erupts. With both halves of the city burning, and mercy nowhere to be found, can Lucie save either boy—or herself?



Review:

I absolutely loved this book. I can't describe how much I love it. The ending shook me and I can't stop thinking about it. As I write this review I have read the last chapter 5 times already. I can't describe how thought provoking it was, which is why I am giving this book six stars.

Tell the Wind and Fire is a dystopian world set in New York where the city is divided by Light and Dark magic. Lucie is a light magician growing up in the Dark side of New York until she rescues her father. But she doesn't realize that her one action causes her to be the face of the revolution by the Dark side of New York. She is torn between two cities and two homes. She sees light in everything dark. She believes in those who don't believe in themselves. This is what makes Lucie magical to me. 

The description and internal dialogue was mystical. It was like Lucie was telling her own story, a story that has already happened and she was telling it from her point of view. There were a few key words that allowed me to believe that she was telling her story after everything has happened. This kind of writing is unique to me and is something I hope to emulate in my own writings.

"We were all heroes if we chose to be. The rich, naive boy who had tried. The girl who had lied. The boy made out of darkness making himself something else. There was no sin that could not be wiped away. nobody who was only what other people thought them" 

I absolutely loved this quote. It described the whole meaning of the book, in my opinion. There is no good or bad, but just who you are and what you believe in yourself.

I normally never read the author's note but this one I just had to read.

"To whisper to yourself, like a secret the world will learn, that you have a great heart and can accomplish great things."

You would have to read the ending to understand the meaning of this quote but I just loved this story and the meaning. I would say it has to deal with something about redemption and understanding.

I absolutely loved the ending and cried. Carwyn stole my heart and is probably one of my favorite characters now.

Side note: I was at NTTBF and they were selling this book. I kick myself now because I should have bought it and told the author how magical this book was/is. But I know I will be rereading this book over and over again. It's a magical and rare find. I wish more people would understand the meaning behind it.

I really strongly suggest you guys to read it. Just read Tell the Wind and Fire all the way through.

For more information about this book please visit goodreads.

Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram, and goodreads! 

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment