Wednesday, May 4, 2016

[Release Tour] Broken Fate by Jennifer Derrick



Clean Teen Publishing is proud to present Broken Fate, the much anticipated debut release from Jennifer Derrick.




Zeus gave her one simple job: Kill every human. Atropos-daughter of Zeus and the third goddess of Fate from Greek mythology -spends her eternal life snipping human lifelines when their mortal lives are over. As if being a killer doesn't make life miserable enough, she and her Fate-wielding sisters must live amongst the humans on Earth thanks to a long-running feud between their mother and Zeus. Living on Earth means they must mingle with the mortals, attend the local high school, and attempt to fit in-or at least not stand out too much. Killing and mingling don't mix, which is why Atropos' number-one rule is to avoid all relationships with the humans. Caring for the people she has to kill is a fast track to insanity. However, when Alex Morgan walks into her first-period English class, she knows she's in for trouble. He's the worst kind of human for her to like-one with a rapidly approaching expiration date. And he makes Atropos want to break all the rules. 


Excerpt:

He picks up my hand, which is resting on my thigh, and brings it to his lips. Planting a kiss on the back of my hand, he turns it over and kisses the well of my palm, folding my fingers closed over it.
“You can keep that,” he says.
 sigh and try not to embarrass myself by tearing up further, but the tenderness of the gesture leaves me no choice. Tears well up and spill over. Alex catches one and wipes it away with his thumb. 
“You should be happy, not sad. I’m happy. Happier than I’ve been in a long time,” he says. 
Alex releases my hand and puts his arm around me, gently tugging me down until I’m resting my head on his shoulder. It’s comforting to just rest here, to let someone else share my exhaustion and
confusion. The irony of the dying boy supporting the immortal goddess isn’t lost on me, and I’m
humbled. 
After a few minutes, he brushes a kiss across my hair and gently pushes me back so we face each other again.
“I have something for you,” he says. “Besides the kiss?” I ask, showing him my still-clenched fist.
“Besides that,” he says. He reaches into the front pocket of his jeans and pulls out a small jewelry box, but he doesn’t hand it to me. He keeps it in his lap for the moment.
“I did a little Googling last night. I wanted to learn more about you.” 
“And did you?”
“Yep. I learned a lot.”
“Probably nothing good,” I mutter, knowing that he probably learned more than I’m comfortable with, much of it likely wrong.
“Oh, it was quite informative. And entertaining. Those paintings and sculptures of you as an old crone are a hoot. Of course, I’d rather hear it all from you, someday, but for now, I know enough.”
He hands the box to me.
“Open it,” he says when I take it but simply stare at it.
I crack the lid and gasp when I see the necklace resting on the velvet.
It’s a gold chain with a scissors charm dangling from it. The scissors aren’t as ornate as my work shears, but the handles on the charm have delicate filigree work curling and swirling along them.
“It’s beautiful.”
“Here,” he says, taking the box from me and pulling the necklace out. He leans in close to me and, sliding his hands behind my head, fastens the necklace around my neck. As he pulls back, he kisses me gently on the cheek.


Buy Links:


Amazon-Iconb&n ibooks-icon



Win A CTP Mystery Box!!!

Please note, mystery boxes are shipped to US addresses only.
International winners will be offered their choice of 3 CTP eBooks in
lieu of the mystery box. 










About the Author





I became a writer at the age of six when my parents bought me a child’s typewriter for Christmas and agreed to pay me a penny per page for any stories I churned out.

When I got older, I realized that I needed to make (much) more money from my writing so I first turned to the corporate world (where I learned that I am spectacularly unsuited to cubicle life) and ultimately to freelancing where I now write everything from technical manuals to articles on personal finance and European-style board games.

My writing career came full circle when Clean Teen Publishing accepted Broken Fate, my first novel. By my calculations, my parents owe me about $3.00 for that book.

I live in North Carolina and, when not writing, can often be found reading anything I can get my hands on, playing board games, watching sports, camping, running marathons, and playing with my dog.
 


Connect with Jennifer


Jennifer's Website


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting a stop on Broken Fate's Blog tour! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete