Saturday, May 21, 2016

[Review] My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:

She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next


Review:

This book is amazing for a number of reasons. I finally relate to the setting. I have read countless urban fantasy books and I always wanted a story set close to where I live. The story feels more real.

The concept is unique. It deals with death, souls and bean sidhe. Kaylee knows when someone is going to die when she screams. She predicts death yet she can't stop it. Her screams are ear spitting to humans but music to male bean sidhe. That's when she meets Nash who completely understands her for who she is.

This book is under 300 pages but it's the perfect length. I feel like the rest of this series follows a similar theme. I'm a sucker for anything paranormal urban fantasy and this is just it. I'm surprised it took me this long to start this series. 

My favorite part of this book is Tod, he is Nash's brother who is dead, but is now a reaper. He is sassy yet caring, when he wants to be. I hope there is more of him in the following series. 


For more information about this book please visit goodreads.

Follow me on twitter, tumblr, instagram goodreads!

Twitter @omgbooksandmore
TumblrInstagramGoodreads  @omgbooksandmorebooks

2 comments:

  1. Ohh great review I've been dying too read this book for a long time now. I heard nothing but amazing raving reviews about this series. Plus paranormal/urban fantasy is my all time favorite genre! Thank you for your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban fantasy + Paranormal is the perfect mix!

      Delete