[Review] Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary
I died on a Thursday— killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul.

The good news? He didn't get it.

The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…


Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life…



 Review

I don't want this series to end. I don't want to read the last book. I'm actually going to delay reading the last book for a month. I can’t describe how much I adore and love this series. 

Before I Wake made my heart soar and then crushed it in a matter of a few pages. There were some scenes that I cried so hard I had to put the book down. This type of writing is perfect.


I love the growth Kaylee has gone through, in life and in death.  love how Before I wake encompasses Kaylee’s difficulties on addicting to her afterlife. She wants to be human yet the fact that she is dead makes her lose all sense of humanity. Kaylee has a hard time connecting to her friends and family but Tod is her anchor to life. As Kaylee is Tod’s anchor to life. 

Tod needs more appreciation honestly. After everything that has happened, Tod is the definition of a cinnamon roll. He is Kaylee's knight from beginning to end. And Kaylee is Tod's link to life. 


The ending gave me chills. With Kaylee’s new strength and confidence, she will finally settle with the demon that has been tormenting her family, her friends, and herself. 


For more information about this book please visit goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment