Monday Update #27

Hello everyone!!

I hope you guys had a restful week! I'm nearing 7 months since I have had this blog and I'm still amazed that I have made it this far. Will I reach 1 year? O.o

Anyways, I had an interesting week last week. I finally caved in and downloaded Pokemon Go, read 2 books, AND FINALLY WENT TO THE LIBRARY. Honestly that is a big accomplishment considering I had holds placed and I finally found the time to get them.



From the library I got, This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab, Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh, and The Last Star by Rick Yancey. I will start on Ivory and Bone first because I am interested by the setting this book is set, prehistoric fantasy.

 The first book I finished last week was Simon vs. The Homo Sapien Agenda. I enjoyed it, it was light. One major problem I had was the unrealistic reality of coming out. Coming out is not a fairy tale in the world we live in. I'll just leave it at that. Being gay is not widely accepted. Your family and friends may or may not look at you the same. The crush you had may not like you back. I strongly dislike how the main character got the near fairy tale ending by getting his crush and his family and friends accepting him. That almost never happens. But, I am happy that he did get his fairy tale ending.

When creating this blog I decided to only review a book based on the contents of the book and not tie it to anything outside. It is unfair to the author to be compared to something that is outside of the book. But I will voice my opinion based on something that I disagree with.


The second book I finished last week was The Killer in Me by Margot Harrison as apart of a book tour. It was an interesting thriller about a girl meets a serial killer and has the chance to take him down. It is mystery, thriller and horror.



What books are you guys reading this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment