Waiting on Wednesday - Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Summary:
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world. 




Why am I waiting for Crooked Kingdom this Wednesday?

Initially, I had no interest in Six of Crows. It was a book set in the same setting of a book series that I haven’t read. I thought I would have to read the Grisha Trilogy and then read Six of Crows to understand the setting correctly. At the time, I didn’t really have an interest of reading the Grisha Trilogy. On whim I was a Barnes and Noble and decided why not, and bought Six of Crows. What could go wrong, it had an amazing cover and stained pages, which I haven’t seen before, it must be a good book?

Oh it was better than a good book. It was freaking fantastic. I was amazed at how the author could handle 5 multiple point of views and linking them all together to make one big story. The writing was amazing. Pure gold with wonderful descriptions and transitions. 

The characters were diverse and I learned to love each one with their unique traits. I would say my favorite would be Inej.

What makes this series even more special was that Six of Crows was actually the first book I reviewed on my book blog! You can read the review here


For more information about the book please visit goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment