Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Update #42

Hello everyone!! 

It's been a full week since I've last updated. I apologize for that. Midterms were overwhelming but I'm done, for now. I have a 3ish week break before finals start and my final projects are due. 

At least I can finally read again. I went about 2 weeks without reading anything. I didn't have any scheduled posts either so last week was pretty quiet. I saved my TBR Tuesdays and WW for this week instead.

I'm currently reading Soulmated by Shalia Patel! The book doesn't have an official cover yet, I don't think it does but here is a summary from goodreads.

Two souls. One Fate. 

Eighteen-year-old Liam Whelan, an Irish royal empath, has been searching for his elusive soulmate. The rare union will cement his family's standing in empath politics and afford the couple legendary powers, while also making them targets of those seeking to oust them.

Laxshmi Kapadia, an Indian-American high school student from a traditional family, faces her mother's ultimatum: Graduate early and go to medical school, or commit to an arranged marriage. 

When Liam moves next door to Laxshmi, he’s immediately and inexplicably drawn to her. In Liam, Laxshmi envisions a future with the freedom to follow her heart. 

Liam's father isn't convinced Laxshmi is "The One" and Laxshmi's mother won't even let her talk to their handsome new neighbor. Will Liam and Laxshmi defy expectations and embrace a shared destiny? Or is the risk of choosing one's own fate too great a price for the soulmate?


I'm about 70% finished and I'm loving every bit of it. I like the idea of empath, the ability to read emotions from others. Liam and Lucky are so drawn to each other. I hate it when they are apart. But their families have different expectations of them. But I don't want them apart!! They are beautiful together, Lucky with her fiery spirit and Liam with his wit yet caring demeanor.

This is my first ARC that I am reading that will be published in 2017!! I'm so honored for receiving an early copy :') 

I am also reading A Torch Against the Night *screams* I'm about 65% done and the writing, THE WRITING, damnit this is what I want to write like. A lovely multiple perspective story with present tense writing.

 And Happy Halloween everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment