Sunday, October 9, 2016

[Review] Dreamers Often Lie by Jacqueline West ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:
Jaye wakes up from a skiing accident with a fractured skull, a blinding headache, and her grip on reality sliding into delusion. Determined to get back to her starring role in the school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, Jaye lies to her sister, her mom, her doctors. She's fine, she says. She's fine. If anyone knew the truth - that hallucinations of Shakespeare and his characters have followed her from her hospital bed to the high school halls - it would all be over. She’s almost managing to pull off the act when Romeo shows up in her anatomy class. And it turns out that he's 100% real. Suddenly Jaye has to choose between lying to everyone else and lying to herself.

Troubled by the magnetic new kid, a long-lost friend turned recent love interest, and the darkest parts of her family's past, Jaye’s life tangles with Shakespeare's most famous plays until she can't tell where truth ends and pretending begins. Soon, secret meetings and dizzying first kisses give way to more dangerous things. How much is real, how much is in Jaye's head, and how much does it matter as she flies toward a fate over which she seems to have no control?


Review:
The major attraction to this book was the Shakespeare influence throughout the novel. Hamlet was an interesting commentary for Jaye's life. At some point I wanted Hamlet to commenting my life but I thought it would be a bad idea. Hamlet I believe, represents her line between real life and what goes on in her mind.

I'll be honest, I was really drawn to this book based off the cover. It's absolutely love it. This story is crazy imaginative, in a good way. Through the hallucinations and lies, I could not put this book down, I wanted to know what was in store for Jaye.

This book is very different from the standalone that I have read before. The ending was left open, a question. I just realized that the ending, I think, is like the ending of the movie Inception. I was actually shaken by the ending actually. I thought it can not end that way.

I really did enjoy Dreamers Often Lie. Though, I wanted to know more about "Romeo" and his appearances along with Hamlet before we learned his real identity.

For more information about this book please visit goodreads.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment