[ARC Review] Soulmated by Shaila Patel ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:

Two souls. One Fate.

Eighteen-year-old Liam Whelan, an Irish royal empath, has been searching for his elusive soulmate. The rare union will cement his family's standing in empath politics and afford the couple legendary powers, while also making them targets of those seeking to oust them.

Lakshmi Kapadia, an Indian-American high school student from a traditional family, faces her mother's ultimatum: Graduate early and go to medical school, or commit to an arranged marriage.


When Liam moves next door to Laxshmi, he’s immediately and inexplicably drawn to her. In Liam, Laxshmi envisions a future with the freedom to follow her heart.

Liam's father isn't convinced Laxshmi is "The One" and Laxshmi's mother won't even let her talk to their handsome new neighbor. Will Liam and Laxshmi defy expectations and embrace a shared destiny? Or is the risk of choosing one's own fate too great a price for the soulmate?
 




Review:

I was fortunate enough to receive an early copy in exchange for an honest review. 

I loved Soulmated from beginning to end. I was so ensnared by this book that I finished 75% of the book in one day! I loved seeing Lucky and Liam's relationship grow throughout the book. I loved seeing Lucky and Liam's empath powers develop as their connection to each other grows. Lucky is fiercely spirited, determined to choose her own density while Liam is determined to find the One in order to keep his family safe. 


The idea of empath is what really attracted me to this book. I wanted to know more of what an empath was and what it means to understand and manipulate emotions. I have yet to read a paranormal YA that deals with empaths. I was incredibly excited to discover a YA series that does!

Another attraction to Soulmated is the diversity of the main characters! 

Shaila Patel’s writing is full of chemistry, wit, humor, and romance. I could feel each characters emotion. I could feel Lucky’s and Liam’s attraction towards one another. I laughed, loved, and was heart broken by this book. There is so much chemistry between these two characters. 

After an ending like that, I eagerly await book 2. I need more Lucky and Liam!

For more information about this book please visit goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment