[ARC Review] Insidious by Victoria Evers ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:

All Kat Montgomery wanted was a fun night out on the town. What she got was a death warrant. As it turns out, the quaint little hamlet of Mystic Harbor, Maine houses more than sandy beaches and adorable B&B’s. Beneath the New England charm rests a deadly world where shifters, demons, vampires, and angelic hunters all vie for power.

A world where magic is the greatest weapon.

Magic that Kat now possesses.

After that one fateful night, she can feel the changes beginning to take hold of her. Only problem, she doesn’t even know what she’s turning into. With threats hiding in plain sight, deciphering the lines between friend and foe is nearly impossible. As if things couldn’t get any worse, Kat learns her only real ally rests in the one person she can’t stand: Reese Blackburn, an insufferably handsome magician whom the town fears most.

Kat’s very soul is at stake, and destiny doesn't seem to be playing out in her favor. Can these two unlikely partners challenge fate itself before it's too late?
 


Review:

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. 

I must start out with saying I finished this book in one day. That is how engaging and wonderful this book is.

Kat had no idea she lives among the paranormal, vampires, demons and more. There is a mystery in Mystic Harbor that Kat needs to discover before its too late. She teams up with Reese, an outsider with magician like skills. Everyone says that he is trouble but Kat doesn't believe it. The two embark on a journey to discover Kat's awakening powers and the mystery that surrounds Mystic Harbor.

I really enjoyed Insidious. Well over 400+ pages, I never found a dull moment. Each character is well developed. Each harboring their own secrets. Kat is determined to discover who she truly is even though she has been kept in the dark for so long. I loved Reese. I don't know why everyone believed him to be evil but I found him more trustworthy than Kat's friends. Kat and Reese are an incredible duo.

I need book 2 like yesterday.

For more information about this book please visit goodreads
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! And I love Reese...and I kind of have a thing for the villain too. :) I'm so excited for the next installment! I needed it, like, yesterday!! It can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I look forward to book 2 :)

      Delete