November Update

It has been a long long time since I've done a monthly update. Honestly, none of the months were exciting enough to write one up. But this past month, November, was quite different.

Guess how many books I read??


18!!!!!!

I think that is a record. I don't know what turned on the switch in my brain and caused me to read so many books. There was Thanksgiving break but there was something else, the election.

You're probably like how the hell does reading and the election relate to one another??

You're right, how do they relate? After witnessing the results, I was in shock. I couldn't comprehend what just happened and what our future will become. I couldn't coup with the results and I wanted to take my mind off things so I began to read. I read a lot. I couldn't accept the reality and I know I'm not the only one. Reading was a nice escape.

Alright time for the importance stuff, what books did I read?? Each title will have a link to a review or to the book's goodreads page. I don't exactly plan to review every single one of these books but I will review some. :)

1) Soulmated by Shaila Patel (REVIEW)
2) Silver Flame by Karpov Kinrade (REVIEW)
3) Insidious by Victoria Evers
4) A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir 
5) City in Embers by Stacey Marie Brown 
6) The Barrier Between by Stacey Marie Brown 
7) Across the Divide by Stacey Marie Brown 
8) From Burning Ashes by Stacey Marie Brown 
9) Twisted Palace by Erin Watt
10) We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
11) Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
12) Poison Princess by Kresely Cole
13) Endless Knight by Kresely Cole
14) Dead of Winter by Kresely Cole
15) Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis
16) Arcana Rising by Kresely Cole
17) Bluff by Juile Dill 

DNF :'(

18) Radiance by Grace Draven 

     

   


I also got 2 books this month! Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo and Sparks of Light by Janet B Taylor (ARC!!!) I'm still in shock honestly. I'm so happy and thankful that I received this arc. :')



Now on to some personal updates. I've realized I've lacked personal commentary in these updates.

Well, the semester is coming to an end. Next semester I will be a junior, by credit hours, but in reality it will be my second year in college. The anxiety and stress that comes with college has taken a toll. I hope taking classes during the summer and winter semester will allow me to graduate a semester early. I'm taking 18 hours next semester, the most I've ever taken, let us see how it goes. :))

If you don't know, I'm majoring in Computer Science at some university, I don't want to mention the name for reasons. I would say college has been a nice experience so far. Classes are challenging and I spend most my time in the library. But one aspect in high school that has reflected in college is my inability to handle stress and anxiety. One day I will manage it.

I wanted to create this blog so I can gain confidence in my writing. I started my WIP in July. Progress has been slim. I have been so busy with school and work that I don't have the desire to write when I have the time. I want to write, but I can't. It sounds silly. I guess as long as I update my pinterest boards, I have several for 3 WIPs that I want to do one day, I'll have some inspiration once I get the time. I day dream and imagine what I want to write but it has not been translated into words.

Maybe I'm just a day dreamer. My day dreams consume my thoughts but words will never describe them

Okay I don't want to end in a sad note but I have some great books, tv shows, and writing that I want to do this winter break. I will finally read Empire of Storms and Crooked Kingdom, I hope! I also plan to watch Teen Wolf, the final season and Gotham. I'm really excited.

Thank you guys for reading!

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment