Thursday, February 23, 2017

[ARC Review] Ignite by Danielle Rogland ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:

In the ruins of dystopian London, the Empire rules through fear and fire.

“Everyone knew about ‘The Flames’ and how much trouble they had caused the Empire. They were the only rebel group anyone knew of that had lasted longer than a few months without getting caught, leaving candles behind whenever they snatched somebody out of the Empire’s grasp. To get involved with people like them is stupid. So stupid.”

Ever since her parents were murdered by the empire’s agents, Jacks has been living on the street as a pickpocket trying to keep away from trouble. When she accidentally witnesses the rebel group ‘The Flames’ in the middle of an operation she is unwillingly swept up into their world, and has to decide if she’s going to go back to looking after herself or join the rebellion and help them fight for the people of London Ruins.

She knows that getting involved was stupid, but does she really have a choice?

Review:
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Would you look at that cover? It looks like it came from a snapshot from a movie. It’s sooo unique and I can stare at it for days. Not literally but you know what I mean.

I really enjoyed the premise of Ignite. It is not your normal dystopian YA novel and I believe the author does a great job distinguishing this book from the rest. The novel revolves around “The Flames” a group of teenagers trying to protect the citizens from the Emperor.

I really enjoyed the multiple point of views. I never found it confusing. I thought it was a refreshing aspect of the novel which made me enjoy it even more. I would have to say my favorite point of view is Jacks. She is witty and street smart. I could learn a thing or two from her.

I loved the unique writing and perspective of Ignite.

Overall I would give Ignite 4 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


For more information about this book please visit goodreads

SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. This sounds good! Adding to the Ever-growing TBR!
    @TeacherofYA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...this isn't available on Amazon. Do you know where someone can get a copy?
    @TeacherofYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize! I should have mentioned that the release date has been pushed back to April. It was originally scheduled for March 8.

      Delete