Monday, May 29, 2017

[ARC Review] When It's Real by Erin Watt ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Summary:
From #1 New York Times bestselling author duo Erin Watt comes the addictive contemporary tale of a teen rock star in need of an image makeover and the teen girl hired to be his fake girlfriend. 

Meet Oakley Ford-teen celebrity, renowned pop star, child of famous movie stars, hottie with millions of fangirls… and restless troublemaker. On the surface he has it all, but with his home life disintegrating, his music well suddenly running dry, and the tabloids having a field day over his outrageous exploits, Oakley's team decides it's time for an intervention. The result: an image overhaul, complete with a fake girlfriend meant to show the world he's settled down.

Enter seventeen-year-old Vaughn Bennett-devoted sister, part-time waitress, the definition of "normal." Under ordinary circumstances she'd never have taken this gig, but with her family strapped for cash, she doesn't have much of a choice. And for the money Oakley's team is paying her, she figures she can put up with outlandish Hollywood parties and a team of publicists watching her every move. So what if she thinks Oakley's a shallow, self-centered jerk? It's not like they're going to fall for each other in real life…right?


Review:

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review


After reading the Royal Series, Erin Watt quickly became one of my favorite authors. I don't normally read contemporaries but there is something about Erin Watt's books. After reading When It's Real I was left amazed.


When It's Real was a light yet meaningful story about a girl willing to do anything to provide for her family and boy who has lost touch with his inspiration. Vaughn and Oakley complement each other and I enjoyed their journey.

One of the aspects that I liked most was that the minor characters were well developed. In contemporaries, I find the minor characters ignored or just thrown in for the sake of the plot. Oakley's bodyguards and Vaughn's family played important roles in the story.

I adored this book. And I highly recommend checking out the Royal Series by Erin Watt.

Overall I would give When It''s Real 5 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

For more information about this book please visit goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Hi! First of all, I have to say that I love the look of your blog! I don't know if it's new, but I really love how unique and great it looks, Sabrina!

    I just added this book to my pile of to-read books on goodreads because even if I don't enjoy reading contemporary that much, the summary sounds like fun and after reading your review, I have to say that I am quite interested in this story! I think it might be just the contemporary I've been looking for! If I read this and enjoy it, I'll make sure to check out the author and probably err...just scream like crazy.

    Great review! x
    L. @ Reviews by Leeve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind comments! :D

      I would also recommend checking out the Royal series. It has a lot of twists and turns and it is also a contemporary.

      Delete